[opus] Antw: Re: Beginner's questions/suggestions

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 03:26:36 PST 2015

On 22 December 2015 at 07:06, Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> <CAEW_RkshUM55uwdvU6DsE17pLZki651Xvvu7d2Y6jObePXZwCQ at mail.gmail.com>:
>> On 21 December 2015 at 04:31, Ulrich Windl
>> <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>>
>>> opusenc does not display the file name it processes. In Lunux when you use
>> some batch processing, it might be interesting! Example output for
>>> "for f in *.wav;do opusenc --bitrate 160 $f ${f%.wav}.opus; done":
>>
>> In situations like this, i usually insert an 'echo $f;' before he
>> first command in the for loop.
>>
>>> For the output, can't "Encoded:" and "Runtime:" be put into one line?
>>
>> Probably, although it's hard to fit all three fields in 80 columns.
>
> My idea was this: It seems opusenc outputs quite a lot of stuff that looks to be spread around lines rather arbitrary while missing the file names it's working on. My suggestion was to rearrange and consolidate the output.

Personally, when capturing command output I find it simpler to have
fields on separate lines if there are many, finding the one you want
then only involves grep rather than a line match and splitting.
Obviously YMMV.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk