[opus] Opus complexity and VOIP for mobile devices

Dragos Oancea droancea at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 02:50:55 PST 2014

Hi,
Anyone could provide more information on the level of complexity (OPUS_SET_COMPLEXITY(x) , x between 0 and 10  ) which is recommended for generic Android devices ? How about the iPhone devices ? Is there a way to choose this complexity level according to the device model ? Any hints ?

We've seen they set 5 in webrtc :http://code.google.com/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=3093Freeswitch is using complexity 10 .What is the impact of this setting on the decoder, when for example a device is encoding with complexity level 0 , but it's receiving a stream encoded with level 10  ?
We plan to use Opus with OPUS_BANDWIDTH_NARROWBAND or OPUS_BANDWIDTH_WIDEBAND .
Thank you.
Regards,Dragos Oancea