[opus] Opus DTX issue report

Gonzalo Mariano (gmariano) gmariano at cisco.com
Mon May 19 07:20:33 PDT 2014

Hello:

We noticed that opus reconstructed noise is pulsing with a 400ms pattern when dtx is enabled in silk mode. This is independent of the background noise level and is found with speech + non-speech period test files as well as variable level noise-only test files. This issue can be reproduced  with opus v1.1 using this command:
                ./opus_demo voip 16000 1 25000 -dtx input.bin output.bin

We have attached a .wav file with the first channel as the input reference noise signal and the second channel as the opus codec output using the opus_demo application. It does not look like this has been reported already. We would like your feedback.

Thanks,
Gonzalo Mariano and Pascal Huart
Cisco