[opus] Are the ITU's stretched-to-wideband codecs being used?

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Mon Mar 10 11:02:01 PDT 2014

I could be wrong, but I don't think these codecs are being in used very
much. I also suspect most of the uses are in places we don't see, like
inside a carrier's network. In any case, I never found these new
extensions that interesting. Embedded coding itself has some advantages,
but embedding an old codec pretty much cripples the result IMO.

	Jean-Marc