[opus] Meaning of mapping[]

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Mon Jan 6 15:21:16 PST 2014

On 2014-01-06 12:36 PM, Brendan Bolles wrote:

> It's sort of the opposite of what I'd expect.

It's written from the point of view of the decoder, so it seems
backwards if you're thinking about encoding. It may help to think of it
as opus_multistream_surround_encouder_create() returning what you have
to pass to the decoder to understand the stream configuration.

> And so I guess that means that the interleaved audio samples you pass into opus_multistream_encode_float() should always be in Vorbis order, and mapping[] just tells the encoder how to package them in the streams?

I believe that's correct, yes.

 -r