[opus] [Opus][RFC][FFT][Fixed-Point][NEON] NEON-Optimize Fixed-Point FFT?

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Thu Dec 25 08:28:02 PST 2014

There is definitely some use for a Neon fixed-point FFT. How much
exactly I'm not sure. Fixed-point is a bit more than just a fall-back
for CPUs with no FPU. There are CPUs for which fixed-point is still
faster. It depends on the exact model but also on what you run. For
example, even on x86 I believe that SILK encoding is slightly faster in
fixed-point, even though CELT is faster in float.