[opus] Problem compiling opus-tools-0.1.7

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Tue Sep 24 08:15:10 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-24 5:46 AM, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Seems like it's not linking with libm. I suspect it has to do with
> linking statically with libopus.a (is that intended?). Maybe opus-tools
> relies on the fact that libopus is linked with libm and doesn't
> explicitly add it? Greg?

Indeed. The opus-tools build explicitly adds -lm for opusdec and opusenc
because they use math calls directly. Maybe that's shadowing the problem
for the other tools. opusrtp doesn't need math directly, but as you see,
libopus.a does.

However, the autotools build does use whatever link line pkg-config
tells it to, and we should be including -lm there.

Bat, can you post your configure invocation command line, the output of
'pkgconfig --libs opus' and pastebin your config.log somewhere, please?

The failed line with 'make V=1' is also helpful in debugging.

 -r