[opus] The codec can not support multi-thread ?

qian pei qianpei69 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 20:36:41 PDT 2013

Hi! everybody:

We used opus-codec for a VOIP gateway. The GW is running at a UBUNTU server.
The opus stream is transcoded to G711 pcmu stream.So there are many opus
codecs running simultaneously.
We noticed that if there more than 5 streams in. the voice then has
notisable glitchs.More streams in, worse voice got.

Then we write test code for opus-codec which encode a .pcm file
simultaneously. and get error.
we also write decoder test code. error too. We tested v1.0.2 and 1.0.3, Our
codec is a .so file, our main program is written in erlang.

we used other codecs such as isac/ilbc/... they are OK. you may try
lwork.hk:8086, it is a webRTC demo.

so, anybody noticed this? It seems to be a re-entry bug.