[opus] ODG (Objective Difference Grade) scores for Opus Encoder using PQEvalAudio Tool

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Fri Oct 4 07:56:36 PDT 2013

On 10/04/2013 06:35 AM, Rhishikesh Agashe wrote:
> I checked the ODG (Objective Difference Grade) scores for a few
> reference vectors using the PQEvalAudio Tool and found that some of them
> show ODG scores as high as -3.5

What do you mean by "reference vectors"? The test vectors we provide or
some of your own files you use for testing encoders. Regarding the
testvectors, their quality is really bad (if you were to compare with
the original) because they're designed to trigger as much as possible of
the decoder code and not sound like the original. BTW, did you run all
the testvectors with run_vectors.sh to see if the MIPS optimizations
still produced a compliant decoder?