[opus] Question for using opus codec to our product.

이윤주 yooonjoo.lee at lge.com
Thu Nov 7 02:38:35 PST 2013

Hello. I am LG electronics software engineer Yoonjoo Lee.

Our company (LGE) considers that using the Opus codec.

Actually i already visited opus-codec website (http://www.opus-codec.org/).

And I checked the license tab.

Following the web-site, below things are specified.

1.     You can encode or decode Opus-compatible streams for any purpose at
no cost.

2.     You can integrate the reference Opus encoder and decoder in any
application, program, or product, even commercially, at no cost.

3.     You can create your own compatible implementations of the Opus
specification and give them away or sell them.

Following the description, LGE can use Opus codec by using open source
code, if LGE follow BSD license rule.

If LGE use opus commercially, Does the above 3 things apply?

Or if LGE use opus commercially, Does LGE charge other responsibility ?

Thanks

Best regards

Yoonjoo Lee

Yoonjoo.Lee | Research Engineer

Mobile : +82-10-8768-3788

Car Infotainment Development 7 Team

Car Infotainment Research 2 Department

LG Electronics, Seocho R&D Campus

221 YangJae-Dong Seocho-Gu, Seoul, 137-130, Korea