[opus] Questions Regarding Opus Test Vectors

Wang, Chris cwang at sonusnet.com
Sun Nov 10 10:41:19 PST 2013

I downloaded test vectors from opus-codec.org site.  The site indicated that the test files are intended for verifying that the Opus decoders are operating properly.  I assume I could also use them to verify my encoder implementation, right?  For example, use testvector01.dec as input to my encoder and compare its output bitstream with the corresponding testvector01.bit bitstream file.  Any idea what configuration parameters (bandwidth, bitrate, complexity, stereo mode, dtx, etc) I should use on my encoder.  Or a more general question: what encoding parameters were used to generate testvectorxx.bit from testvectorxx.dec?

Thank you,

Chris