[opus] Info OPUS encoder

Edwin van den Oetelaar oetelaar.automatisering at gmail.com
Wed May 15 02:26:47 PDT 2013

Hallo Christiaan,
groeten uit Nederland.

Opus info :

Frame sizes from 2.5 ms to 60 ms

Total algorithmic delay for a codec is the sum of delays that must be
incurred in the encoder and the decoder of a live audio stream
regardless of processing speed and transmission speed, such as
buffering audio samples into blocks or frames, allowing for window
overlap and possibly allowing for noise-shaping look-ahead in a
decoder and any other forms of look-ahead

and
Opus permits trading-off quality or bitrate to achieve an even smaller
algorithmic delay (5.0 ms minimum).[26] While the default Opus frame
is 20 ms long, a further 2.5 ms lookahead is required for window
overlap in the CELT layer and noise shaping in the SILK layer,
typically giving a delay of 22.5 ms. The SILK layer's minimum is 10 ms
frames (12.5 ms delay), while the CELT layer's minimum is 2.5 ms (5.0
ms delay).[27]

This is from the wiki page.

If you want to out-source some of your work integrating the codec into
your product, give me a call. (I am within 30 minutes from your
office)

Greetings,
Edwin van den Oetelaar