[opus] ASM runtime detection and optimizations

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri May 24 07:53:39 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Aurélien Zanelli
<aurelien.zanelli at parrot.com> wrote:
> I wrote a proof of concept regarding the cpu capabilities runtime detection
> and choice of optimized function. I follow design which had been discussed
> on IRC.

the pixman library [1] used by X has code for run time detection and
fast path optimisations for ARMv5/ARMv7/NEON and even iwmmxt (some
marvell platforms) if you want a sample implementation of one way of
doing it.

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/tree/

> Also, i notice a little drawback: we must propagate the arch index through
> functions which don't have codec state as argument.
>
> However, if it's look good, i will continue to implement it.

Peter