[opus] Quality difference between opus_demo.exe and opusenc.exe

Hermann Weber hermie.weber at gmx.de
Mon May 13 04:24:06 PDT 2013

Hello!

I encoded a voice file (48kHz) with opusbin\opusenc.exe with the
standard settings and decoded it.
The output was amazing. I could not hear any loss at all.

Then i encoded the same file with opus_demo.exe and standard settings
and then decoded it.
The output had a sizzling noise, even when I used full bandwidth.

I think I have played around with any of the settings in opus_demo.exe,
but I just can not get these amazing results as with opusbin\opusenc.exe.

What may I have missed?

Thank you.

Hermann