[opus] Cpu overhead of opus: can it be used on small embed system?

X Phone xmacunix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 23:28:21 PDT 2013

Hi, I'm new to opus. After reading articles on the website, I can't find
the answer.
I want to use opus instead of speex, porting opus to my embed system is
very complex.
So before do this, is anybody can tell me how many heap will opus use if I
disable using malloc.(refer to FAQ "I can't use malloc or much stack on my
embedded platform. How do I make Opus work?") And the cpu is an old ARM7
running at 60Mhz(of course it doesn't have FPU), is this ok for running
opus at 16kbps at 8khz mono mode?