[opus] Opus FEC

Benjamin Schwartz ben at bemasc.net
Mon Jan 28 11:40:59 PST 2013

The Opus encoder does not provide generic "FEC" in the conventional sense.
 You can do that yourself as a later step between the encoder and
transmission.

What Opus provides, in some modes, is an additional "Low Bitrate
Redundancy" frame within some packets to increase packet loss resilience.
 See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6716#section-2.1.7 for an overview and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6716#section-4.2.5 for details.