[opus] low pass filter frequency adjustable

Benjamin Schwartz ben at bemasc.net
Sun Jan 27 14:48:04 PST 2013

Opus is a single-purpose codec for audio going into human ears.  Humans
ears can't hear above 20 kHz, so Opus can't code higher frequencies.  Lower
frequencies may be modified based on the human psychoacoustic model.

When you need to store frequencies above 20 kHz, your audio must not be
headed directly for human ears, so Opus is probably not a good choice.
(Neither is any other lossy music or speech codec.)  In those cases I
recommend you stick with something like FLAC.