[opus] Newbie question on VAD

John Ridges jridges at masque.com
Wed Jan 16 12:24:53 PST 2013

Questions aside as to whether this is a dumb idea (I'm not really
qualified to answer that), Opus doesn't have a VAD because it's outside
the scope of the codec (Opus is meant for any audio, not just voice).
That said, I should warn you that the Speex VAD is quite poor (it was
never really finished) and is pretty much unusable. If I were you, I'd
try the webrtc VAD. It's also open source, has ARM optimizations, and
seems to work pretty well.

--John