[opus] Opus File Format

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:53:20 PST 2013

On 11 February 2013 12:17, Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV <simon at sdr-radio.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’m wondering about saving audio to a file. With MP3 & WMA there’s support
> for tags – is there a file format for Opus with tag support? I guess I’ve
> missed something somewhere…

Hi, yes the Ogg encapsulation (the default format for files) supports
tags, see http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for the
standard types. I'm not sure what tools you can use to manipulate
them, see the various --artist, --title and --comment arguments for
opusenc https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/view/opus/job/opus-tools/ws/man/opusenc.html
I don't know if the standard vorbiscomment or oggz-comment have
support yet for editing them after encoding. Not sure whether you can
do something similar with RTP.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk