[opus] Control encoded packet size

Peeranut nutteen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 11:23:09 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I'm developing radio streaming using opus to stream content over the network. Because of some network constrains I would like to have the fix size of each packet while being able to control bit rate for encoding.

Is there any possible way to archive that? I'm thinking about using CBR scheme for encoding but still don't know how to control the bit rate properly.

The document points out that bit rate can be controlled by setting bit rate to encoder and/or using max buffer out Len. Could anyone point out the relationship between bitrate and max buffer out Len?

Cheers,

Best Regards

N.Peeranut

Contact Email: nutteen at gmail.com