[opus] How to identify packets to input to opus_decode()

HK Wong hk at woohing.net
Mon Apr 29 22:09:27 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am a developer for embedded system and totally new to Opus and open
source audio codec. I'm now using Microchip dsPIC33 to develop a decoder
for Opus. I am now using sources of libopus. The first question is for
calling opus_decode(), do I need to skip the header bytes of an opus file
before I can input the file data to opus_decode()? Or will libopus handle
this automatically?

Actually I have browsed through the site, but there is nothing detail
talking about the header bytes of opus file. When I compare two opus files
by hex viewer I can identify the header portion, but have no clue how each
packet is allocated.

BTW, I know libopusfile is solely for decoding and should be more
convenience for my application. However, the .a files are not compatible
with Microchip compiler.

Does anyone have any good suggestion?

Thx!!!

BR