[opus] Please report issues; and submit any patches you've made

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:18:31 PDT 2012

The libopus reference implementation release as libopus 1.0.1 has been
_really_ thoroughly tested by the people that work on it.

This doesn't make it bug or issue free but it does mean that remaining
issues are unlikely to be found by the people working on it— they're
more likely to be found by people integrating it or putting it to use
in environments we under test or didn't even imagine.  So if people
don't report them, they probably won't get fixed.

(I'm mostly referring to straight forward software glitches; encoder
perceptual improvements are still ongoing... but basic software QA now
depends on public feedback)

We're generally quite responsive to clear reports; often committing
fixes, at least for straightforward software issues, within minutes at
least if they're reported when the core developers are awake.

There are a small collection of fixes post 1.0.1 already sitting in
GIT: https://git.xiph.org/?p=opus.git;a=shortlog

Around October first we will probably branch git master for a 1.0.2
release and then merge in all of the long-in-the-pipeline encoder
improvements that have been in the works and develop them towards
release.  It would be better if all the 1.0.1 errata gets in before we
do that merge so we're not having to apply them twice.

So please, anyone with software issues to report, portability patches
to other platforms, etc. get them posted.

Thanks!