[opus] encoding 44.1Khz

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Tue Oct 16 09:50:21 PDT 2012

On 12-10-16 4:48 AM, Sartre Salam wrote:
> Hi , I have read that it is posible to encode higher sample
> rates like 96 khz or 192khz  and the output is 48 khz,
> the resample is internally.  http://wiki.xiph.org/OpusFAQ
> But it is possible to encode  44.1khz. It is resampled to
> 48khz or I have to make the resample by myself and
> then encode it with opus.

Encoding tools, like opusenc from the opus-tools package, will take care
of resampling for you. Just feed in any PCM wav file and it
should be fine.

If instead you're writing a program yourself that uses the reference
libopus API, then yes, you need to resample 44.1 kHz audio
to 48 kHz before submitting it to opus_encode(_float).

 -r