[CELT-dev] Opus approved by the IETF

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Tue Jul 3 09:27:14 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the IETF has just approved for Opus to
become a standard. I'll still take a few more weeks of editing before
it's published as an RFC, at which point we'll release version 1.0. From
now on, we'll be replacing the use of the CELT name with Opus and I'd
like to encourage everyone to switch to Opus in their applications. Note
that Opus can do everything that CELT could, so this should not be
causing major problems beyond updating to the new API (mostly a matter
of changing the celt_ prefix to opus_).