[CELT-dev] Static Variables?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Feb 16 10:52:57 PST 2012

On 16 February 2012 10:30, Mike Hooper <mihooper at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I am trying to get CELT running on a TI 5515 and am having trouble creating
> a heap large enough to accommodate all of the dynamically created variables.
> In fact, I would much prefer to have all variables created statically. Could
> someone give me a short tutorial on what I need to do the create all of the
> requisite variable statically?

If you look at the version in https://git.xiph.org/?p=opus.git, if you
compile without defining USE_ALLOCA or VAR_ARRAY, the allocation
macros will use a static global array. Note however that this version
is not thread safe.

If you really need to use the old celt codebase; see os_support.h for
how to override the allocator calls.

 -r

--
Ralph Giles