[CELT-dev] Mailing list and project shutdown announcement?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:45:14 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Andrew Lentvorski <bsder at allcaps.org> wrote:
> If everything has moved and this mailing list has gone dormant, how
> about an official announcement as well as official pointers to the new
> stuff?
>
> It would also be good to have some sort of "migration document" given
> that you have to do specific things to OPUS in order to get the old CELT
> behavior.

Hm. I think we're sort of in a weird limbo right now.

The Opus codebase has major regressions in everything outside of the
codec itself: build system, tests, tools useability, API, and
licensing status all have issues that need to be cleared up.

Once the IETF bitstream standardization hurdles are out of the way it
will be easier to dedicate time to getting these issues resolved.

Until then I'd feel bad making a heavy-handed push to the new stuff
when it's not currently a drop in replacement due to these issues.