[CELT-dev] configure in git repository

bryandonnovan at gmail.com bryandonnovan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:10:50 PDT 2011

After downloading "celt-0.11.1.tar.gz" to OS X 10.6, I was able to
./configure and make with no problems.

However, when I "git clone git://git.xiph.org/celt.git" then cd to celt,
there is no file called "configure".

So, I just took a guess and ran autogen.sh which then created a "configure"

I then ran the new ./configure and saw the following:

./configure: line 11916: syntax error near unexpected token `tools="tools",'
./configure: line 11916: `  XIPH_PATH_OGG(tools="tools", tools="")'

Please forgive my ignorance, but is this a problem in my setup or in the
configure script, and what is the proper method of building after doing a
git clone?

Thanks for any pointers.