[CELT-dev] CELT grabbing 100KB of memory right off the top
bsder at allcaps.org
Mon Apr 18 22:34:35 PDT 2011
I'd like to make a couple of suggestions, but I really don't want to
make this into a pile on. CELT was *WAY* easier to port than Tremor
was. Please remember that--I'm very grateful that it was as
straightforward as it is. Tremor was a *NIGHTMARE* to port.
The one thing that I *really* didn't like was the #include of
"static_modes_fixed.c". "#include"-ing a C file caused MPLAB all manner
of grief. Given that it's being generated it anyway, a
"static_modes_fixed.h" file should be generated and then
"static_modes_fixed.c" should be treated like a normal .c file. I
actually had to split this up this way by hand in order to work around
On 4/18/11 9:54 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> I don't believe anyone was trying to suggest using configure.
To be honest, does this project really need configure? Does it *really*
buy anything? A straightforward Makefile with a "config.h" that
actually has all of the relevant switches in it is probably more than
I realize that nothing is going to make everybody 100% happy. So, I'm
not going to be terribly vocal about this. However, I did have to go
move this to a system with a working "configure" chain, build it once,
capture all the files and linker flags, create a simple build script,
rip out all the configure garbage, and then move it to the embedded target.
In addition, I'd probably like for a compile to at least bark a
"#warning" like it does when it lacks lrint() for things like ilog. The
fact that I could pick up 10% because the compiler couldn't figure out
how to get at my native clz instruction is kind of a big deal.
More information about the celt-dev