[CELT-dev] celt vs speex

Pascal Pochol Pochol at WebfootGames.com
Mon Oct 18 09:35:09 PDT 2010

On 7:31:35 pm 10/14/10 Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca>
wrote:
> What you should be looking at is the Harmony codec we are developing
> within the IETF. It combines CELT with the SILK codec, so it works well
> for both speech and music.

Interesting. We're really looking for the smallest file size (at the best
quality of course) due to the limited space available. How does Harmony
compare in the size department? Am I correct to suspect that a hybrid file
will always be larger than the single speex or celt file? Will improvements
to harmony be back ported into speex and celt or vice-versa?

-Pascal