[CELT-dev] Variable frame size and API changes

Pascal Charest c.lacsap at gmail.com
Wed May 19 09:15:23 PDT 2010

Hi Jean-Marc,

If celtenc framesize parameter is the number of samples per frame, I
can get 24 ms frame with 32kHz, 24kHz and 16kHz source. It is not
possible with 48kHz input as only 64 to 1024 framesize are supported.

For example, to obtain a 24ms framesize, I can use a 32kHz input with
the following command:
celtenc --framesize 768 input-32kHz.wav output.oga

I've tested the previous command it with celt version 0.7.1 and 0.6.1
and had no problem encoding and decoding.

For CELT over DAB, CELT can be configured to use 48, 32, 24 and 16 kHz
source. The allowed CELT framesize is 24, 12, 8 and 6 ms. Any mix of
these parameters can be used, except for 48 kHz / 24 ms that is not
supported by the CELT codec code. Once the channel is configured, we
don't plan to change its parameters real-time.

Pascal