[CELT-dev] Using CELT on iPod

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Tue Mar 9 03:50:35 PST 2010

Hi,

We are testing CELT 0.7.1 on an iPod touch and it seems we are already reaching the CPU limit of the machine for a 1 channel both directions stream. The CELT README says that the code should be compiled with fixed-point support, but it it not clear how it has to be used later on. We currently use celt_encode_float/celt_decode_float functions. Can we still use them with the fixed point version of CELT?

Anny other advice to improve the CPU use issue? (size of the encoded packet, frame rate... etc...)

Thanks

Stephane Letz