[CELT-dev] Dual mono not stereo

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Feb 21 19:44:29 PST 2010

Op 22-02-10 04:22, Paul Sykes schreef:
> If I want to encode two audio channels that are not related, audio from
> two different sources not stereo, is it best to create two instances of
> a single channel encoder or use one encoder with two channels?

With two different instances you would never have the benefits of any
entropy found in the other channel and the single memory structure. So
unless this will lead in a quality reduction because an assumption is
made that there will always be similarities (like with joint-stereo) I
would go for the multichannel variant.

Stefan