[CELT-dev] Cross Platform Audio Library

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Fri Dec 10 14:45:04 PST 2010

Hi,

Unfortunately, I think the only way I know of achieving very low
latency is to write low-level code and minimize the abstraction
layers. At some point, it's likely that your code would have to become
somewhat soundcard-specific too because not all soundcards do the
buffering the same way and you'll want to adapt to the soundcard
buffer rather than let an abstraction layer handle it through more
buffering. That's my experience anyway.

     Jean-Marc