[CELT-dev] CELT 0.10.0, upcoming bit-stream freeze, demo page

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Wed Dec 22 07:37:50 PST 2010

Hi,

This isn't that new anymore, but I'd let everyone know that CELT
0.10.0 is out. We've improved the quality quite a bit since the last
release and we fixed many bugs. For this release, Monty has written an
extensive demo page at:
http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/celt/demo.html
Although it's not final yet, it contains a lot of information of CELT,
recent changes and lots of audio samples. Worth reading.

We are also working hard on freezing the bit-stream, with a target of
early January. I'd like to encourage everyone to give 0.10.0 (and the
git version) a try and report any issues. We are also hanging around
on #celt (irc.freenode.net) to do development. Don't hesitate to join
if you'd like to discuss about CELT or help in the development. We're
always looking for people to listen to audio samples to help guide the
development process.