[CELT-dev] Issues to build fixed point version of celt 0.8.1 under windows

Jochen Kilian jochen.kilian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:56:12 PDT 2010

Hi All

I am trying to build the latest version 0.8.1 using Cygwin under Windows.

Configure:
Everything builds well using the default configuration (configure with no additional parameters).
trying to use: configure --enable-fixed results in a warning: unrecognized option.

As I found --enable-fixed-point in the config.in as parameter I run the configure with --enable-fixed-point
Now the configure runs well.
The final screen of the configure says: Automatic configuration OK
Fixed point support <yes>

Make:
But if I run now make, I do end up with the following error during linkage:

in libcelt/mathops.h:176: undefined reference to `_ec_ilog´

There are also many warnings with: visibility attribute not supported for this configuration.

Any ideas?

Was somebody able to build the fixed point version?

In the same context if I want to evaluate the quality:
What is the quality difference between the fixed and the floating point version?

Thank you very much
Jochen