[CELT-dev] One question about comparison between HE-AAC v2 and CELT

Alexander Carôt Alexander_Carot at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 08:31:15 PDT 2010

Hi -

> Thank you. If I want to implement an internet based Karaoke software, and the bandwidth is around 50kbps, should I use Celt or AAC LD? I want to ensure the stereo effect in the software :-)

for any kind of musical interaction I seriously recommend using CELT in order to keep latency as low as possible. In that sense CELT is the best choice really. You might be interested to take a look at http://www.soundjack.eu, which also uses CELT.

Hope that helps,
best

-- A l e x

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM, wei <tsingmei at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But Cisco adopts HE-AAC in it's telepresence product which is the dominant
> > HD video conference product. They use hardware to decrease the delay?
>
> The delay we're talking about is algorithmic delay. You can't reduce
> it with faster hardware. You can only reduce it via changing the
> format (or sometimes by increasing the sampling rate).
>
> I believe all AAC using Cisco telepresence equipment that I've seen uses AAC-LD.
>
> For example:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8330/ps9573/data_sheet_c78-457905.html
>
> Also:
>
> http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cisco+TelePresence+System+Uses+Fraunhofer+IIS+AAC-Low+Delay+Audio...-a0161912048
>
> Example configurations here show AAC-LD:
>
> https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3140710

Dr.-Ing. Alexander Carôt
Email : Alexander at Carot.de
Tel.: +49 (0)177 5719797