[CELT-dev] FIXED_POINT

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 06:37:27 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:12 AM, Elston Sa <jose at rebaca.com> wrote:
> I have build celt with FIXED_POINT option (latest 0.6.1 as well as from the
> git repo) on windows. However I am not getting a valid output (all samples
> are saturated) when I try to decode with this version.  The input file was
> encoded with the same fixed point version. Does fixed point version work at
> all?

Yes, fixed point it tested in parallel with floating point. Since you
say you're building on windows, is it possible that you haven't setup
the correct defines for fixed point mode? Or is this a cygwin build
configured through autotools?

> Following are the command line settings;
> Samplerate; 48000
> Channels: 2
> Framesize: 256
> Bytesperpacket: 1024
> Complexity: 10

You're asking CELT for 1.536Mbit/sec output, it's also possible that
you're triggering a fixed-point specific bug. I don't to regular
testing at rates that high.  Does it work at more typical rates such
as 128 bytes per packet?