[CELT-dev] Encoder crash in multithreading processing

Wed May 20 09:09:41 PDT 2009

Quoting Serguei Kouratov <ksubox at gmail.com>:

> ps: I use last version from git repository, but I also checked with previous
> version and with 2 compilers VC++ 2008 & Intel 11.

Actually, that should also be the cause. Normally CELT uses C99 variable-size
arrays, but VC++ doesn't support them and fall back to a "global stack" that we
allocate. Try defining USE_ALLOCA so the fallback becomes alloca(), which is
(hopefully) thread-safe.