[CELT-dev] 22 kHz version of CELT

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon May 11 15:43:56 PDT 2009

Gregory Maxwell a écrit :
> I'm assuming you made the one-line change to the code to remove the
> 320kHz lower limit? Or were you just telling testcelt a different rate
> than your actual input?

I assume you meant the 32 kHz limit :-)

> I don't consider supporting lower sample rates a high priority, and if
> doing so will ultimately increase decoder size or complexity I'd
> suggest we not include it in the specification.  However— what we
> should do well is support decent quality even at very low bitrates.

Actually, I don't think there's much cost in supporting 22 kHz, so it'll
probably be in the final spec. It just isn't there because we don't
correctly handle the bands yet.

> How much demand do you see for >16kHz but <32kHz?  Going to 16kHz
> dramatically improves speech quality, but you really can't get
> transparency until ~32000 (especially for music). I haven't personally
> seen much advantage for rates between 16kHz and 32kHz for this
> reasons.

Well, even 16 kHz would be interesting **if** we manage to make CELT
competitive at that rate (which is not currently the case).