[CELT-dev] STATIC_MODES, fft and prob members

Chen-Po Sun chenpo at fmod.org
Thu Jul 23 23:27:19 PDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I've just been looking into STATIC_MODES. My plan is to generate and
store the modes as part of our sound banks when they are encoded.

I have noticed that even with STATIC_MODES turned on, celt_mode_create
still allocs and generates the fft and prob members (via
pitch_state_alloc and quant_prob_alloc respectively). I also notice that
in dump_modes.c, these two members are just set to 0 explicitly. Why
aren't these two members part of the static mode?

Would anything bad happen if I make them part of the static mode? I
assume not because CELTMode is read-only right?

Thanks for your help.

--
Chen-Po Sun
Firelight Technologies