[CELT-dev] STATIC_MODES, fft and prob members

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Jul 24 04:20:19 PDT 2009

Chen-Po Sun a écrit :
> I have noticed that even with STATIC_MODES turned on, celt_mode_create
> still allocs and generates the fft and prob members (via
> pitch_state_alloc and quant_prob_alloc respectively). I also notice that
> in dump_modes.c, these two members are just set to 0 explicitly. Why
> aren't these two members part of the static mode?
>
> Would anything bad happen if I make them part of the static mode? I
> assume not because CELTMode is read-only right?

The probability stuff is mainly because I've been too lazy so far (patch
welcome!). OTOH, The reason why the FFT isn't included is because the
FFT is the part of the code that's the most likely to be changed. It's
very common to have a highly-optimised FFT that one can use instead of
the generic one provided in CELT.