[CELT-dev] CELT on ARM Cortex C3

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 04:10:45 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:22 AM, Алексей Ворошень <gusinski at bsuir.by> wrote:
> Hello All.
> Could anybody help me with one question about CELT?
>
> I develop one project based on ARM7TDMI or Cortex C3 core.
> Can i use CELT with 32kHz and 48kB on these fixed point cores?
> Or it`s need to transfer project to Blackfin core (but it isn`t
> convenient to me)?

Yes. You should be able to run CELT compiled for fixed point on
ARM7TDMI, but I am unsure of the performance. I have not heard of
Cortex *C3*, but I don't doubt that CELT can run on it.

I can confirm full complexity CELT 48 kHz encode+decode is faster than
real-time on the OpenMoko hardware (an ARM4T system on a chip; but at
400MHz).

If your platform is not fast enough for full complexity CELT, you
should be able to use low complexity mode which is much less CPU
costly. There is also probably a lot of room to improve the
performance on ARM with a better tuned MDCT and FFT.