[CELT-dev] A quick question regarding CELT_GET_BITSTREAM_VERSION

John Ridges jridges at masque.com
Fri Aug 7 10:56:04 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Could you tell me what your plans are regarding  the return value of
CELT_GET_BITSTREAM_VERSION and the future. I understand that each time
you change the bitstream, you'll increment the value (it's 0x80000009
now for 0.61, so I expect it will be 0x8000000a for 0.70 or whatever),
but I don't understand why the MSB is set and what it means. I'd like to
include the bitstream version in a file format I'm using, but I only
have a byte to do so. I guess what I'm asking is what do you intend
CELT_GET_BITSTREAM_VERSION to return when you freeze the bitstream for
version 1.00? Thanks much,

John Ridges