[CELT-dev] adding celt support to netjack some questions.

"Alexander Carôt" alexander_carot at gmx.net
Mon Nov 24 23:40:32 PST 2008

Hi all,

> ok... i guess i will implement this later.
> is support for more then 512 sample blocks planned ?
> i am putting one jack period of data into one packet.
> so currently it only works with a period of <=512.
> i could split that myself. but i dont see why the API should not handle
> bigger blocks. and just hide the splitting to smaller blocks.

+1 ---  I do something similar to netjack (currently called "Soundjack") in order to play live music on a network ( https://www.itm.uni-luebeck.de/users/carot/TMT08.pdf ).

My settings vary from 1024 down to 128 sample-blocks (depending on the current network situation). CELT works excellent in that context but it would be nice to have 1024 samples supported as well.

> i need to fix alsa_in and alsa_out now, because they dont handle the big
> timing jitter of an internet connection gracefully.

I`d be curious to know what you are approaching to change in that context. What amount of packets do you normally buffer on the network input in order to cope with the jitter ?

Best

-- A l e x

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Carôt