[CELT-dev] Fwd: Bug-fix release?

Gregory Maxwell greg at xiph.org
Sat Nov 22 15:56:44 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Geoff Shang <Geoff at quitelikely.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not a developer, just a keen observer and hopefully user in the near
> future.  I'm very excited about CELT's potential for broadcasting.  Don't
> mind me sitting in the corner.
>
> I was just looking over recent posts and read this one:
> http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/celt-dev/2008-October/000003.html
>
> Are there any plans for a bug-fix release, or is a 0.6 expected soon?

Releases are JM's decision, so watch for an official response from
him… but there are currently a number of not-done improvements in git
head, and that fix is just about the only change which non-developers
would currently find desirable, so I'd say that 0.6 is not immediately
pending. The current development focus is on features that require
bitstream changes, these tend to be slower and more carefully
considered than other changes.

Feel free to apply the patch from the list to the 0.5.0 code and use
that for now.  If you have trouble applying it I'd be glad to help
you.