[ogg-dev] Help with Opus Streaming

Deepak K appdevwiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:49:41 UTC 2016

Ralph,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I am still in the dark. Can you kindly clarify the following:

Suppose I have a 6MB opus audio file that has an audio length of 48 minutes
on the server. My client application will request this opus file (via web
service) in chunks of say 512 bytes in a loop. Something like:

byte[] getFileChunk(int byteOffset, int length)

As the opus file is downloading, if the user wants to start listening to
the audio from 10th minute, he will move the audio slider accordingly. Now,
the client app will send this information to the server. Something like:

int getOpusAudioFileByteOffset(long audioPositionMilliseconds)

Now on the server (in my web service API getOpusAudioFileByteOffset), how
can I get\calculate this raw byte offset of the opus file corresponding to
this time?

If on the server I can calculate and provide this, the client can then
again request file download from that byte. Same as above i.e.:

byte[] getFileChunk(int byteOffset, int length)

Thanks,

Deepak.