[ogg-dev] Can ogg file contain VP8 frames

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 01:00:06 PDT 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 03:47, Austin Einter <austin.einter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> Is it a possible case that an ogg file contains VP8 frames.
> I know ogg file generally contains vorbis, theora frames.
>
> Recently I came across an ogg file that contains OPUS frames.
>

> Is there any tool, that can take a webm file as input, and output an ogg
> file with preferably only video (no audio) frames.

oggz-rip included in liboggz can do this, extract a particular stream
from an Ogg container. My currently installed version of 1.1.1 wont
recognise Opus by content type, though it would be happy detecting
Theora. Either stream could be extracted based on index or
serialnumber.

VLC I think can also copy a component from one container into another.
It may remux in doing so.

What are you ultimately trying to do? Ogg is a container and Opus in
it is perfectly valid and probably going to be increasingly common.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk