[ogg-dev] Question about encoding with libvorbis

Ilya Ganelin ilganeli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 12:36:35 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am using the Ogg Vorbis library to encode PCM data into ogg format. The
conversion seems to work fine with the exception that the last little bit
of audio appears cut off in each converted stream.

I am essentially following the example from here:
http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis/examples/encoder_example.c

When I added a "Sleep(5)" between writing the ogg data to file, and
clearing the ogg/vorbis state structures, the ogg output files were closer
in length but still seemed somewhat shorter. I figured that I might have
been interrupting the output but this seems like a hacky way of doing
things.

Is there a more proper way of solving this issue?

Ilya Ganelin