[ogg-dev] Min and max cutoff frequency

Benjamin Schwartz ben at bemasc.net
Mon Mar 18 21:22:52 PDT 2013

Presuming that you are asking regarding the Ogg Vorbis audio format, the
correct answer is: there is no minimum or maximum cutoff frequency.  Vorbis
can code all frequencies from DC to Nyquist.  What Vorbis will actually do
is extremely complex, extremely nonlinear, and highly dependent on
bitrate.  If you are in the mentality of linear time-invariant filters, you
will never be able to understand it.