[ogg-dev] can you suggest on extending ogg as short-clipcontainer and the make of its tool?

胡夫 khufu at 139.com
Thu Mar 7 07:05:27 PST 2013

From:Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>

> For the simple file proliferation issue, just chain small streams
> together and have a parallel index file to the start of each stream is
> a workable solution, that could be improved a bit by 'encapsulating'
> it (basically add a non-ogg header+index before the ogg).

Isn't the simple solution actually to put the media files into SQL database as blob?

Everybody are adding SQL into their everything nowadays, we have SQL database in email software (Thunderbird), SQL database in web browser, photo albums are using SQL (f-spot and shotwell), media players are embedding SQL database... even SQL database in input methods (the software to input ideographic text
with English keyboard) so every key stroke sends SQL queries -- the
screen cannot follow your typing on Pentium II(s) but who use them now? In fact it is harder to find a desktop software that doesn't embed SQL database. It's standard configuration nowadays. Doesn't hurt to add an SQL database in games, you may use it to store swords and magic too.